Gluten Free Apple and Blackberry Crumble Recipe
We recently went to my parents’ house for a meal and as my parents don’t cook gluten free all the time they sometimes struggle to find new and different ideas for recipes. Puddings are always a challenge as they only have gluten flour in the house and as they like to make things from scratch it can be hard to come up with new ideas.
This particular day they tried a variation on one of Stephen’s favourites – Apple and Blackberry Crumble. It proved to be delicious so we thought we would share the recipe for everyone to try.
- 250-300gr Blackberries
- 150g White Sugar
- 150g Butter or Margarine
- 1 Apple (Cooking or Eating)
- 1tblspn Demerara Sugar
- 1 Packet Udi’s Cranbury Walnut Granola Mix
- Peel and core the apple and cut into small pieces
- Gently stew the blackberries and apple until they start to thicken
- Remove from heat, and add the white sugar
- Leave to cool
- Place in suitable dish
- Melt butter or margarine and add to the granola mix, add Demerara sugar to taste
- Spread evenly over the fruit mixture and cook in a moderate oven for approximately 10/15 minutes being careful not to let the topping burn
Best served with fresh cream, however works equally well with ice cream or custard.